Saturday, June 18, 2011

4th, 5th, and 6th grade dance!

Okay, this was a while ago, but I've still just GOT to post about it. On April 29th, we had a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade dance planned by some of our schools 4th graders. It was themed: "Dance through the decades." It was NOT what I had expected. I remember picking out my dress and everything, but the thing I remember the best was the EXCITMENT. Me and my friend Macey, it's all we had been talking about. I even sent her pictures of my dress :) After all, it was our first dance! Anywho, the morning of the day of the dance, I was sick to my stomach and I didn't go to school till about 9:00am and I KNEW Macey was probably saying something like "If Lizzie doesn't come to the dance tonight, I'm gonna jump off a bridge." but that's just the way Macey kids around. I felt better, I just had to be careful about what I ate and how much I ate. Anywho, the dance was from I think 6:30 to 9:00 at night and the excitment in the classroom that day just wouldn't stop. Neither did the talking, but that was nothing new.

When I got to the dance that night, all I had to say was WOW. When I was walking up the ramps that led to where the dance was being held, I could already hear the music and the excitment booming. When I got there, I was speechless. I mean it was not what I expected AT ALL. It was kind of a tiny room for so many people, but it was glowing. Literally, GLOWING. The music was REALLY LOUD, everybody was dancing, and it was a dark room with strobe lights and people were drawing with highlighters on the walls and it would glow. They were writing on themselves too and my other friend made her face look like a kitty. It was just so much fun. Everybody was singing along to the songs, and it ended all too soon. There were Hoola Hoops and a beach ball everyone was tossing around too. It was one of those things where somebody you don't know or barely know could walk up too you, start dancing, and you would just start dancing with them because it just didn't matter. It was a light feeling and there was just a certain vibe in the room. I went outside to cool off, and I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but there was about ten other sweaty people out there :P It ended with me and my friends and a sleepover. It was such a great night! Well, until next time, Stay Blessed.

-LimitlessLizzie

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lizzie!
    This is Mirriam; from the NextGen chat!! =D
    ~ Mirriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mirriam! Thanks for checking out my blog! See you at the chat 2nite!

    -LimitlessLizzie

    ReplyDelete