Monday, September 19, 2011

School Band!

Okay, I'm FINALLY getting around to this post. So, In my: "Starting School Post" I talked about making a seperate thread for school band, so, Here it is! Okay, so School Band. At my school there is a Beginner Band for 5th, 6th and 7th grade. There is Woodwind, Brass, and a little bit of Percussion. I've got to tell you, it is a class, and we do learn, but it is LOADS of fun. I play Bass Clarinet, and according to my Band Conductor, I'm pretty good at it, too. Today he said, and I quote: "Clarinets, you're getting better. And Lizzie, well you're like a can of sweet Clarinety Goodness." :) It feels nice to know that I do a good job.





So far, we''ve learned six of the seven notes we are most likely going to learn this year. We've made sure everyone understands how to read music, and we're starting to go from "just noise" to Music. I love expressing myself through music. I am a section leader, even though there are only two people in my section, including me. My section is Low Reeds.





Today, he let us listen to a little preview of our Christmas songs. First was just, you know, a song. The second one was "Jingle Bones" where the Trombones have a couple of solos and funny parts. Then, there is another song, and finally, he said if we can learn all those songs, we can learn an encore song. Are you ready? That's right, Dynamite. By Taio Cruz. How AWESOME is that? It sounded really cool and I really hope we get to do it. :) I have band three times a week, and one practice after school on Thursdays. I really love band and I am looking forward to learning lots of music this year!





-LimitlessLizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment